Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Just keep running, Just keep running...

I love to run. I don't always love getting up before the sun to do it, but I always feel better when I do! I laid in bed this morning thinking, "I don't think I need to go today," but I got up anyway. Why? Why would I do that to myself when I could be sleeping? Well, anyone who really knows me, knows I'm a much better person when I have worked out in the morning. Running is my antidepressant. It truly is. For 6 years I went without my Zoloft because I was running! I just recently went off it again, kind of by choice, kind of not, but I would be just laying in my bed sulking if it wasn't for running. (Or the 4 kids and husband that always seem to want dinner every day!) As I start a new training program for the half marathon Trisha and I are running in May, I live to chant this in my head "just keep running, just keep running, just keep running, running, running..." I love that philosophy and how powerful our minds can be when we have goals and are willing to work! Today as I was running I thought about how lucky I am to have such strong legs. My legs are not skinny- at all. They do not resemble runners legs in any way. But they will keep on moving for me. I've gained and lost weight so many times, I'm surprised any of my body knows what is going on. But my legs are the one thing I can count on to carry me through anything- and for that I am very grateful!

1 comment:

  1. It's so funny how you loathe getting up in the morning, but often times my motivation for getting up is you--Felicia is waiting for me; Felicia is already doing her run (or finished by the time I get up); Felicia would be able to do it so I can, too! I am always amazed at the power of a workout buddy even when we aren't able to work out together. :)

    ReplyDelete