Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Second Run, First Post

Coming back after a LONG time off due to an injury, I went on my second run in over 2 months today (the first one was last Saturday).  It was also my first time getting up and going by myself in the morning. Normally Felicia and I go together about 5am but with some schedule changes and life happening our workout times and locations don't quite match up.  That, and she is super-runner-girl and I am gingerly jogging so as not to re-injure.  I'll get back up there with her (or as close as possible--seriously, she is fast!) eventually, but for now we are both on different wavelengths.

So, my alarm went off at 5:15 and my first thought was, "I'll go later".  And then I was up and across the room turning my alarm off and suddenly found myself without an excuse to get back into bed.  I WAS tired, but I also wanted to prove to myself (and this blog) that I COULD get up that early on my own and I COULD motivate myself to run on a treadmill for miles and miles on end--ok, I only did 2 miles, but it felt longer.  They were a good two miles.  I started feeling little twinges in my knees so I stopped at the 2 mile marker (I had wanted to do 3, but slow and steady wins the race without pain) and switched to a little walking and then did some rowing.  All-in-all I was pretty proud of myself for doing it on my own, even if it was a semi-short workout.  And it set a great tone to the day! I got some grocery shopping done, renewed my license and still made it to work by 9:30.  I felt accomplished.


See how happy (and tired) I am to be up at 5:15??

No comments:

Post a Comment