Thursday, March 14, 2013

Listen to this!


Seriously, what do you listen to when you're working out?
When you need motivation?
Sometimes I like to listen to music--Pandora's Today's Hits, Imagine Dragons, personal workout mixes--but sometimes I'm not feeling it.  Or I've heard the same songs over. 
and over. and over. 
And let me tell you, it's really annoying
to run to music that is getting on your nerves or to be reaching across your body trying to skip to the next song.  
It ruins the mood.
Sometimes, a lot of times, I like to listen to books. 
Not boring, self-help, yada yada books.
Books that are engaging and action packed and fun.
And usually books that include fighting off bad guys or facing physical challenges (I don't specifically look for that, but it seems to be a common theme for me).
I enjoyed listening to Divergent so much the first time (while not running) that I started listening to it again when I was hitting the treadmill.  And it was great! Really the whole series so far rocks, but listening to the scenes about the Dauntless really revs you up.

Currently, I'm listening to the Strange Angels series--I'm on book numero trece--and it is great running fodder.  Them fighting off vampires, running for their lives while I'm just plain running.  Listening to their combat and running skills, even though fictional, makes me want to run harder. And having to pay attention to the story details distracts me and pretty soon--VOILA! 
I'm at the end of my run and I feel great.


When the end of the world comes and the zombies hit, remember:


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment