Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Running splits with Ryan Gosling

So, I've been trying to make an effort in paying attention to my running splits.  With Ryan there to cheer me on, why wouldn't I?  Currently, I run posi-negative splits which is my way of saying I don't pay enough attention and end up all over the board--I start out with a huge negative split, have positive splits for the middle miles and maybe a slight negative split for the last mile (for more information on running splits and what they are check here and here). 

Please do...


I had my alarm set and my workout clothes all ready to go this morning, but when my alarm went off I just couldn't make myself do it. BUT, I did go this evening after getting done with work around 4:45 and realizing IT WAS STILL LIGHT OUT!!!
I checked online and saw that I still had 2 hours before sunset. Halle-freakin-lujah!
I jumped into my running clothes, grabbed one happy dog and headed out.
We did 3.5 miles--not one bit of it walked, thank you very much. Saw 7 deer along the route...7 not very happy deer once Mac caught sight of them.


  After our run...who looks more tired? Admittedly, I did not chase deer all over a field.


My splits weren't very good (sorry, Ryan).  I did my usual too-fast-first-mile, too-slow-second-mile, and started to even out a bit on the final mile and a half.  But, I was aware of my pace which is more than I can say about previous runs.
I came home and did my kettle bell sets.  Once again, I am so glad I purchased my own kettle bell.  It's so nice to be able to pick one up whenever I want and not have to hit the gym!

Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment