Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Run With A View


Jessica and I went on a post-injury run yesterday and we rocked it.  Our typical run is 3.5-4 miles, usually with no set distance in mind when we start out.  At mile 2 I asked her how far she wanted to go--she didn't care. I said, "how about 6?" She was game so we just kept going.  At the turn-around at the top of the hill we stopped to enjoy the great view of the river and sunset.  Running with a view is so much nicer than watching cars drive by!

 A little past mile 3.  Don't go into the light!
I was a little worried about what the distance would do to my calf and knees (which were a tad sore during the run), but today they feel great.  I have my 7-miler this afternoon and am looking forward to getting into the groove of a longer run.  Yesterday before our run I was so dang tired I almost didn't want to go.  I am so glad I did! The run energized me, put me in a great mood and made me want more.
Hooray for nice weather.  Hooray for running. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment