Friday, April 26, 2013

Will Run For Sushi

MmmmMmmmm Love me some Sushi! I may or may not have motivated myself
with the prospect of a post-run sushi trip yesterday.
Dinner is ready! I don't like "real" sushi so I get mostly vegetable and avocado rolls,
with lots of spicy sauce!

Actually, I got a call from my mother-in-law during my run UPHILL and
once I hung up I thought about how I told her I was running.  And I told a friend
I was running.  And I told my husband I was running.  So, dang it all, I was going to
RUN! I picked up the pace and thought about why I run--because I can,
because it makes me feel alive and accomplished,
because I am a runner.
Before I knew it, I finished five miles with a pretty dang good pace
(something that has been lacking lately for me).

He gets a slimy spot on the left side of his face from where his tongue
hits him while he is running.  yum.

Someone is watching me...he wouldn't get up until another dog came along.
Even then he kinda just stood around. Score one for me.  A tired Mac is a happy family.




Today is a rest day and then tomorrow I have the Race2Place 10k.  I like doing runs that
have a purpose.  The Race2Place was founded by the family of 8 year-old Parker
after he died of Leukemia.  They raise money to support the camp they started to help
families that have lost a child or family member to illness.  I'm excited for the run--weather should be warmish but a little windy.  Here's hoping for a PR!

Here is the pic from the Bulldog Jog 5K a couple weeks back:
See me? I'm where a blue long sleeve shirt, middle left. It was a wee bit chilly with the wind going.


No comments:

Post a Comment