Sunday, April 21, 2013

Just For The Run Of It

Happy Sunday, all!
This morning I ran the Komen Run for the Cure 5K with my great friend, Bronwynn and her daughter, 12 year-old Brooklyn.  No PRs were set But I had a wonderfully fun time!

We laughed through every step of the 3.1 miles and afterwards Bronwynn and I were 
able to sit and catch up--we haven't seen each other in AGES!

Bronwynn actually asked me to do the run with her right after my post about running
the Bulldog Jog solo.  Whether it was because she read the post or just serendipity,
I'm glad she asked.  While I wanted to run full-out and try to get a good time,
it was a great reminder of why I run--for fun.  For enjoyment, not for numbers.
Numbers have their time and their place, and they definitely help motivate me,
but if I'm getting good numbers and not having fun, what's the point?

I'm going to have to start asking people to take pictures for me so I can not always be doing the same "arms out, body back so I fit in the picture" pose.


Gorilla for the cure? Why not?!


No comments:

Post a Comment