Saturday, April 6, 2013

Bulldog Jog 2013

This morning I ran the Gonzaga Bulldog Jog 5K.
A 5k.  Shorter than most of my
training runs.  So why was I nervous?
Apparently, no matter how long or short the event, nervousness is unavoidable for me.
But, once the run started, I settled into my groove and didn't
do half bad! I logged my fastest pace since I started recording them 
and didn't have any knee pain.

But I didn't really enjoy it.  I was at an event full of college-age kids 
that all seemed to know each other and have a running partner or two.  
And I was all by my lonesome.
I've run races by myself in the past; in fact, most of my races I run solo.
But normally the ones I run alone my mom comes and cheers me on.
This time I went absolutely, 100% alone. 
I showed up alone.
I waited alone.
I ran alone.
And I left alone.

At the time, it kinda sucked.  I felt like a loser.
But, now I am feeling pretty proud of myself.
I showed up.
I waited.
I ran.
And I kicked butt.
AND...I got a t-shirt out of it :)



No comments:

Post a Comment