Thursday, April 18, 2013

Quit Whining and Keep Running!

This is what I felt like yesterday.
I did my 7 miles and at mile 5 was feeling ready to stop.  So I thought, I'll at least do 6.
And then I thought....eff that!
I came out here to run 7 miles and that is what I'm gonna do! I didn't do it particularly fast
 (it was slow, even by my standards), but I committed and I finished.
The feeling of overcoming a challenge is freaking awesome! 


Next week: 8 miles.  
Seven was hard; can't wait to see what eight is like!



I'm also starting to see some major weight loss results.  In fact, I may or may not have tried my husband's pants on and found that they fit...!
That's always been something that really bothered me...how much bigger I was than my husband.
He is pretty dang skinny just by nature (he doesn't work out OR eat anything resembling a healthy diet)
and I felt like it just highlighted my own body and diet (even though I was trying).

While I am seeing the number on the scale change, and I am noticing 
a change in how clothes fit,
I did my measurements the other day and found that most of my numbers went up.
And those that went down only did so by trivial amounts.
Some of that might be due to muscle versus fat, but my waist was one that went up...?
Stuh-range.

All that matters is I feel great and am enjoying eating healthy and running.
Couldn't ask for more than that.


He was so tired after 7 miles (and 6 the day before) that he couldn't even bring himself to pose for the camera.
He will be getting a rest day today :)


No comments:

Post a Comment