Monday, April 15, 2013

Sidelined

UGH.
I've been out of the game since Friday due to injury.
Totally my fault, though.
I bought some new shoes Thursday night.  I have been struggling with my shoes lately,
feeling like they have too much cushion, too much barrier between me and the ground.
I loved my first pair of Brooks (PureGrit) and my second, current pair just aren't the same (they are Brooks PureFlow 2). So I bought a more minimalist shoe:
The New Balance Minimus 10V2 Trail 

And then, I went out for a run Friday.  I TOLD myself I'd just do 2 miles.  But I started running.
And it was windy and rainy and Mac was having a blast and so was I...So I kept going.
I did 4.5 miles. Not a huge distance, but a huge no-no in new shoes.  
Like I said, totally my fault.
I felt great after. In fact, I felt great all the way to Saturday evening, around 5, when my right calf started to hurt.  And then my left one.  And by the end of the night I knew I was screwed.
We had a disc golf date on Sunday...canceled.  Instead it was a sit-around-play-board-games,
wrap-my-calf-so-I-can-walk date.  Which helped.  Today it feels better--I can walk normal
(Billy can't call me "grandma" any more).
I'm thinking that maybe tomorrow I'll be able to hit the trail again.  Maybe.
And this time, I'll do it right and transition into my new shoes.
I'm thinking Wednesday I'll do my 7-miler since I couldn't do it this weekend.
Who woulda thought I'd be bummed about THAT?!




No comments:

Post a Comment