Monday, April 8, 2013

I get by with a little help from my friends

Today was an historic day. I did something I haven't done in over a month.
I have been wanting to do it for quite some time now.
I just hadn't found the right person to do it with.
That's right...I went running with a buddy!
It. Was. Awesome.

I meant to take pictures (at least one) to prove that I really DO have friends, but I forgot.
You'll just have to take my word for it.

It was Jessica's first time running in a while and she did awesome.
We did three miles with Mac in the field and even conquered the hill at the end of mile two.
I forgot (well, maybe not) how much more enjoyable runs can be with a friend.
And then...
This afternoon...
I went back and did another 4.5 miles. And conquered the hill again.
That's what I was scheduled for today.  I didn't want to short myself out with the morning run, but I REALLY wanted to go running with Jessica and figured she wasn't
up to a 4.5 miler on her first try. Plus, getting ready for the Ragnar Relay in June
I wanted to start working in double runs.  This was a great way to do it.
My knees hurt a bit, but not horrible.  Considering a few weeks ago I couldn't even run 2 miles without pain and now I am up to only feeling pain after a double workout...PROGRESS!

Mac went both times and was absolutely tuckered out in the end. Praise the lawd!
He better sleep well tonight.

And the best news? Jessica is going running with me again on Thursday :-)


Schmoozing for the camera.  Little Stinker.

Usually the longer the tongue=the more tired he is.  That's one long tongue right there!

No comments:

Post a Comment