Sunday, April 28, 2013

New Personal Records Feel Awesome!

Race-2-Place 10K yesterday and I ROCKED IT!!!
I beat my 10K pace from last year (different course) by 17 minutes and 56 seconds.
Can you say "New PR!"?
Plus! I had my fastest per-mile pace to date.
Say What?
I was behind another runner the whole time and all I could think
was, don't let her get too far ahead.
She'd gain some ground on the straight aways,
but I'd pick up the distance on the hills (of all places).
Coming into the last stretch of the run, I put everything I had into
finishing as close to her as possible.  I didn't end up beating her,
but, as I told her, she was great motivation to help me push myself.
And, because of her, I crossed the finish line right as they
were calling my bib number as the winner of a free sweatshirt!
10 seconds later and they would have went on to the next number
and I'd have never known.
Nice tech tee from the race.  I got caught up in the event and forgot to take any other pics...oh well!

This quote is so very true.  My body will never be perfect, but every time I run I become more of the person I want to be--physically and mentally.  Even if I have to walk, even if my times are slow, my body can do some amazing stuff and that's all I can ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment